Brown Marine Vegetables
- Marine vegetables, traditionally known as seaweeds, are considered some of the most nutritious vegetation on earth. Brown marine vegetables are the most numerous and found in the cold water regions of the northern hemisphere. This subgroup of algae contains a brown carotenoid pigment called fucoxanthin that masks the green of the chlorophyll. These brown marine vegetables, Undaria and Laminaria are popularly known as Wakame and Kombu. The photosynthesizing pigment of this type of seaweed is fucoxanthin.
- Brown marine vegetables have long been used in the Japanese and Chinese diet since ancient times. Epidemiological studies strongly suggest that the high consumption of marine vegetables may be a contributing factor in their well-established, lower incidence of health problems in Japanese as compared to American populations.
- Recent research suggests that natural compounds in marine vegetables can significantly affect fat metabolism and that fucoxanthin is one of these key ingredients that, along with diet and exercise, has helped to minimize weight issues among Asian populations where it is consumed the most.
- Sea-Thin™ is cultivated from a proprietary process of unique, proprietary strains of Undaria (Wakame) and Laminaria (Kombu) grown in unpolluted waters. The Wakame and Kombu are grown in tanks with circulating filtered deep sea water in rectangular photobioreactors that allow the brown sea vegetables to increase the levels of fucoxanthin. Careful manipulation of the cultivation conditions allows for modification of the pigment content required to optimize the production of the components in Sea-Thin, such as the levels of fucoxanthin, neoxanthin, violaxanthin and marine omega-3 oils. This proprietary cultivation process harvests the seaweed at an early life stage and varies light intensity to maximize the levels of fucoxanthin so it remains pharmacologically active and retains its health promoting properties. The health promoting sea-actives unique phytocompounds only become bioavailable for humans after their extraction using a proprietary supercritical CO2 extraction process.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.