How Sea-Thin™ Works
- Scientific studies suggest fucoxanthin from Undaria pinnatifida and Laminaria japonica possesses stimulates the energy expenditure rate and possesses strong thermogenic properties, with implications for body weight reduction. Fucoxanthin shows an anti-obesity effect through UCP1 expression in white adipose tissues (WAT). WAT is the type of fat found around the belly and in the liver. Uncoupling proteins (UCPs) are mitochondrial transporters present in each cell's inner membrane. Fucoxanthin upregulates the expression of UCP1 in WAT, which creates heat (thermogenisis) thus contributing to reduced WAT weight, by oxidation of fatty acids and heat production in WAT mitochondria. This stimulated oxidation reduces WAT in mammals. This is the first observation of thermogenics, anti-obesity effect through UCP1 expression in WAT from a natural food constituent.
- Japanese and Russian scientists recently discovered that fucoxanthin, a natural carotenoid found in marine vegetables, possesses strong thermogenic and visceral fat reducing properties that may stimulate general metabolic rate and contribute to dietary weight reduction and healthy weight management.
- Metabolically, fucoxanthin promotes the induction of UCP1-mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1 genes. Fucoxanthin upregulates the expression of UCP1 gene in white adipose tissue which stimulates general metabolic rate, thus contributing to reduced white adipose tissue weight.
- By stimulating the expression of the UPC-1 gene in fat cells, fucoxanthin promotes thermogenesis (fat burning) in white fat cells. White fat cells are those that accumulate in the liver and around the belly as a result of overweight or obesity.
- Preliminary results from a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of Sea-Thin™ on 140 obese female subjects after 16 weeks show a significant reduction in liver fat, visceral fat and body weight.
- Sea-Thin™ provides the studied amount of fucoxanthin, blended in a patent-pending ratio with cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil standardized to punicic acid. Punicic acid is triple-conjugated linolenic acid, a fatty acid specific to pomegranate.
- Fucoxanthin through induction of UCP proteins protects the mitochondria from free radicals damage (anti-aging effect). Mitochondria are the cell's organelle that produces energy.
- Sea-Thin™ reduces liver fat, which can be a major limiting factor in weight loss.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1 Along with a calorie conscious diet.